Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeForumGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ed's Application

Go down 
+9
Rick
Gibby
Sin Gets Out
Pekka
cheesy
Argo Assasin
Alive
Jonte
Ed
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ed

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 7:48 am

In the end, in Zraw i decided that after the weeks I was there, i still didn't find my spot. I decided that DoA and Germans just aren't my things, so I'll apply again. I was asked by some ppl to do this for quite a while, and I hope the others will accept me.

In-Game Names/Professions/Level/Abbreviate Campaigns beaten/Dwarf/Asura/Ebon/Norn/LB/SS
Elena Windbow/Ranger/20/All/10/8/7/7/8/8
Elena Shadowstrike/Sin/20/NF&Proph/6/8/7/4/3/8
Leanne Weststar/Mesmer/20/NF&EotN/6/7/3/3/8/7
Leanne Darkheart/Necromancer&Storage/1/1/2/2/-/2
Emily Elensdaughter/Ritualist&Storage/-/-/-/-/-/-
Leanne Hand of Elen/Monk/Factions/5/4/4/3/-/6
Lena Avatar of Elen/Dervish/NF&Proph (nearly)/-/-/-/1/4/8
Micaiah Moonfighter/Elementalist/NF/-/-/3/3/5/7

How long have you been playing the game? Describe how long you have been playing (i.e. if you took any breaks list how long they lasted and when you took them)
3400 hours in 24 months, no real breaks.

Provide a brief example of your experience's such as (i.e. Professions and areas attributed and equipped for said areas within the following PvE Area's):
Underworld:
-Most exp area you can do:R/A T2
-Least exp area you can do: Pits Ele
-Rest of areas you can do: R/A T1/4, A/E T2/3/4 (no duo), E/R/Me T1, EMo, SoS, SS, Esurge, RoJ, A/Me&E/Me LT, KS, UBway M/P and P/P.

Fissure of Woe:
-Most exp area you can do:R/A T1
-Least exp area you can do:R/A T3
-Rest of areas you can do:R/A T2, Rangersplits ranger, Sin+Ranger MT, EoE, UA, MoP, 100b, T4 in T4way Zraw splits, Mesmer spiker, Ele spiker in duo.

Domain of Anguish:
-Most exp area you can do:Mesmer spikers
-Least exp area you can do:-
-Rest of areas you can do:-

Other Dungeons:
Solo:Rragar solo, Fmaw solo, Vlox solo, Arachni solo, Bloodstone solo, Darkrime solo, Dragrimmar solo, Fronis Irontoe solo, Kathandrax duo, Oola solo, Rhand solo.
SC: SoO all area, Kath all area, OolaSC spiker/runner, BogSC 100b, Ravens A/P, Rragar A/Me, FmawSC spiker, Ooze spiker.

Do you have ventrillo? And Mic?
Yes, No.

Why are you looking to join [Lod]?
As explained above, I've been with you guys before. I left when I decided I wanted to try DoA more, which led to the moment some ppl went to bevr following me without me knowing at that time. after BeVr disbanded I went to Zraw, and learned DoA isn't my thing. I got lots of friends in Lod so I think I fit here best.

Previous Guilds before you applied to [Lod]?
Lod, BeVr, Zraw.

Have you ever been in [Lod] before? If so state why you left or why you were kicked:
yes, explained above.

Have you ever been in any guild in the alliance at the moment? If so state why you left or why you were kicked:EZ, ages ago, before they even joined DL alliance. I left with Shoot and some others to join Lod.

Do you have any References within [Lod] If so, List In Game names here:
Argo Assassin, Sin gets in, Kristy Jokan, Appie Biertappie, Shadow Pekka Form, Cheese in my shoe, Deaths Defiance and Gab the nab. Dont get mad at me if I forgot to note you D=

Lastly, Any information about your self that you find may help us in the evaluations or you wish to express please leave here.
I think it's best on Lod's members to decide whether I'm allowed in, or not.

Back to top Go down
Jonte

Jonte

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 8:33 am

Hey man, thanks for applying.

It's a good app and you seem to know some of the guys in the guild.
You explained why you left Zraw etc.

/Trial.
Back to top Go down
Alive

Alive

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 8:52 am

GOGOGO TRIAL OR SKIP TRAIL,

+111111111111111
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com
Argo Assasin

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 8:54 am

I know Ed. He is nab and failer.(just kidding) Ed get ur nab mic it will be good, /trail(need to do it:()
Back to top Go down
cheesy

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 9:15 am

App looks good /trial

I don't know if you remember me, but we we're trying to get the UBway record with some randoms in BonD ally Razz
Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 9:31 am

EDEDEDEDEDEDEDED !!
+1111111 and go go go go ed!
Back to top Go down
Sin Gets Out

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 9:54 am

Hello and thank you for applying.

Ed I talked to you after you left Lod and why you never told anyone of the officers regarding your decision then. Then after BeVr disbanded, the move to Zraw and the local chat behavior I pointed out to you already. We looked beyond that and gave you access to the forums.

I just find it rather convenient that those who left to join other guilds, now want to come back from these same guilds when Lod is putting up low numbers for uw. I only mention my concerns regarding your wanting to come back because the other day a Zraw member/officer, went out of the way join a pug run with Sean and Me. During the wait kept trying to ask us what we were doing differently and if we can tell them ideas to make them faster. Seeing the time you have invested in Zraw and the local chat behavior in the past against the DL alliance, I have to question your loyality. We are in the same DL alliance you made those remarks in the past against, why does it seem okay to be back in here now?

This guild is full of Loyal people, individuals who stayed with the guild during its lows and are now directly responsible for its highs. For ex-member to come back when it is convenient for them or come back for any other sort of agenda doesn't sit well with me.

Where does your loyality lie? Is this a temporary move only to gain access to the working of our tactics?
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 10:08 am

Gary, I understand your concerns and will explain my reasons of moving as good as possible.
First, I want to say, the alliance I was talking bout back in the days had a reputation which I think you know. Since then, alot has changed. I'm also applying to Lod and planning to spend my time with the guild rather than the alliance.
Second, I do not have any thoughts about going back to Zraw, as though I liked them, I do not like DoA very much and my German is terrible =/
Third, the tactics. The tactics you use are for anyone who has lots of exp with speedruns easy to guess. Seeing screenshots including bars/summoned ice imps or other stuff tells alot about a tactic. I also helped setting up many of the basics of current UW tactics myself, why would I need to steal someone else's.
Lastly, your times are not the reason I want to come back. I've been bugged about coming back for quite a long time, and after 2 of the main english people of Zraw left GW today, I made the decision.

I hope you can understand what I mean and for your question about loyality.....It lies with my friends.
Back to top Go down
Sin Gets Out

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 10:39 am

Ed,

Ed when you mention loyality lies with your friends, those same friends you mentioned never left Lod. These individuals stayed here during the lows and have always made this the place for things they want to accomplish in game.

My questioning of loyality is pertinent to your future here with us. Anyone who decided Lod was not right for them, should stick with that decision and move forward. But when one comes to the realization that Lod is the right place for them, then that decision has to be more concrete with yourself in that you want to be here. It seems that you are wanting in to Lod because some people have asked you to come back here. If these individuals were not here, then you probably wouldn't have made the decision to apply?

In the end your decision shouldn't depend on the few that asked you apply.
Back to top Go down
Gibby

Gibby

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 11:52 am

I have played with Ed a few times and found him to be a good guy. having said that, the military manner in me also questions loyalty when i see these things.

I believe LOD has risen to a place where we are the premier guild for UW and guild wars in general, due to the fact that not only are we talented, but there is a symbiosis within. When a new person comes to LOD they are quickly either accepted into the fold, or they find we arent for them. Our lack of a grey area and our excellence make us prime for gaining many old members back.

One reason people flock to us is in LOD you must be willing to take your lashings. Whether an officer, member, or the guild leader, when we mess up we own it and move on.

Forgiveness goes a long way with people, and I believe Ed will not waste that chance.

As for our tactics, people can try to duplicate, and even simulate, but without the LOD mindset, youll never get it.

/Trial and /Trial for loyalty
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 12:01 pm

Thank you gibby, I think gibby said it better then I can ever put what i should do.

Also gary, quite some of the mentioned people did leave the guild. But enough about that.
I think I used the word bugged badly in the last post, as I meant they said they 'd support me if I were to apply to Lod. I was thinking for a while about returning to Lod for quite some while now, but you made it quite clear that you didn't like returning ex-bevr people. Which is the main reason I set out for other guilds and gave it some time.

I think it might be best to, if i pass the normal trial, I'm on a week long trial for you to decide whether i fit or not. I just ask you to not only listen to your own mind, but to everyone who was in Lod when the incident happened.

Last edited by Ed on 2/8/2011, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made it a lil better.)
Back to top Go down
Rick

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/8/2011, 4:04 pm

if you come to stay, +1 from me if u get ur hands on a microphone. it helps out Alot!
Back to top Go down
Gibby

Gibby

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/9/2011, 2:31 pm

Just come with a clean slate. I think most of us are mature enough to offer the same. You can bet that your loyalty will be tested.

True story.....I recently was in a group,7/8 with the last person on the way for UW. Most of the players were ex LOD people. SInce I have been around so long I knew them anyway. Suddenly, in LOD guild chat, Gary puts in "Tway forming in Guild Hall". I told them, sorry guys, guild run forming, gotta go.

I got like 4 PMs slamming me for leaving a basically full team. It didnt bother me at all. I dont need those guys to have fun on this game, nor do i need to play in PUG teams. I am in LOD because we share a common mindset. I offer my guildmates a new perspective on the game, as well as life. I may be the oldest person in LOD, and with that I accept that certain behaviors are expected of me.

Ed, certain behaviors will be expected of you as well, and your loyalty will come to bear on those behaviors.

So, what can you offer to LOD? That is the question. You must answer it for yourself, and let that answer define you.

I think Ed wants to come back for the right reasons. Most people would have given up. He seems hungry, and I am willing to have faith that its the brotherhood we share that he is looking for.

Lets get a trial going.

Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/9/2011, 2:46 pm

Gibby, I think the things I can bring to Lod are a person with exp in nearly all area's. One that has quite some friends in Lod. I am one of those people that always looks for tactics and builds, not even running them always. I think the thing I can bring in most is a nice guy that will give Lod another face that can show Lod has skills in more then UW.

I think I've explained what I can do quite well now, and am looking forward to the trial.
Back to top Go down
Alive

Alive

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/9/2011, 2:49 pm

ed was here for a long time here, what i can remember he came in Lod at the same time as me(somewhere in september?) and in november he left( i did the same), in that months he was in Lod, i dont think people had problems with him and i think he would fit here very good imo.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com
Crymson

Crymson

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/9/2011, 3:10 pm

+1
/trial
I heard your a good DoA we need some more DoA people & your ranks and toons look like your Uw ready so yeah!
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/9/2011, 3:29 pm

Depends on if UW is ready for me... If they ain't bored of me Wink
Back to top Go down
Gab

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/10/2011, 10:07 am

/yes without trial
Back to top Go down
Kristy hehe

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/10/2011, 5:08 pm

ya ed has never been anything but good to Lod from wat ive seen when he was here, granted i didn't run with him as much. but i always heard positive things like him being one if not the first to solo wastes back when we thoguht 15 minutes was good xD he offers his exp in the DoA front, Fowsc along with any ranger role in uw along with others, ive spoken with gary and i feel a second chance if you may is in order. ed left in good standing with us wanting to pursue doa like we all have the right to do wat we want and now he wants to come back to his home. im going to say /trial and i shall move this there and you will b hearing from us soon ed be patient. we're going thru a few things internally and externally within the ally that we must sort out before we get the app process off the ground and if anything this could be a preliminar test of loyality, the wait shouldn't be long but just to reasure we will get it started as soon as we can. take care ed!
Back to top Go down
Sin Gets In

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/11/2011, 5:08 pm

why did u leave lod for bver and doa is not the main reason i now cause bver did more uw than they did doa cause they were more of a uw guild than doa.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime2/11/2011, 5:18 pm

I actually did go there for doa, as I was promised plenty doa. Bevr died before I decided 3 doa a week wasn't enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ed's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ed's Application   Ed's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ed's Application
Page 1 of 1